To enter  Spain , a passport valid for at least three months beyond length of stay is required by nationals referred to in the chart above, except   EU nationals holding a valid National ID Card.

EU nationals are only required to produce evidence of their EU nationality and identity in order to be admitted to any EU Member State. This evidence can take the form of a valid national passport or  national identity card. Either is acceptable. Passports held by EU nationals need only be valid upon entry to and exit from Spain . Possession of a return ticket, any length of validity on their document, sufficient funds for the length of their proposed visit should  not  be imposed.

Spain is a signatory to the 1995 Schengen Agreement.

Visas for Spain are not required by nationals of EU countries regardless of purpose and/or length of stay; and not required by nationals of other countries referred to in the chart above for stays of up to 90 days.

Spain , as a member of the Schengen States, does not require Australian, US or Canadian citizens travelling to Spain as tourists to obtain a visa prior to arrival.

On arrival from a non-Schengen state Australian citizens will be issued with a short period visa, or the common  ‘Schengen Visa' , which permits a maximum stay of 90 days over a six month period within the Schengen State area (that is, 90 days over six months in the entire Schengen State area, and not in each individual Schengen state). The Schengen States are: Austria , Belgium , Czech Republic , Denmark , Estonia , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hungary , Iceland , Italy , Latvia , Lithuania , Luxembourg , Malta , Netherlands , Norway , Poland , Portugal , Slovak Republic , Slovenia , Spain , and Sweden .

Nationals not referred to in the chart are advised to contact the embassy to check visa requirements for Spain .

There are various types of visa available: tourist, business and transit visas. To check if you need these visas, refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website  www.maec.es . Application is made directly at the Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country. The Schengen visa costs £60 plus embassy fees.

Entry visas are normally valid for three months. An extension of the visa is mandatory if you're planning to stay more than three months. A transit visa is only valid until your departure flight from Spain .

All visa applications should be done at least 6 weeks prior to your trip in your home country's Spanish embassy or consulate.

Spain is part of the Schengen visa scheme. With the Schengen visa, you are allowed to travel between its 15 European member countries in a maximum period of 90 days. You are not allowed to live permanently or work in Europe using this visa.

Visas are not issued on the day of application and may take up to four weeks depending on the nationality.

There is no requirement to prove you have sufficient funds to enter Spain , although authorities may ask for your payslips for the last three months (not mandatory).

To enter Spain , you'll need a valid passport or National ID (only for EU citizens) and visa (for the nationalities required). You may be asked to show a valid return ticket to your home country or proof of funds.

For EU citizens, you'll just need a valid National ID for entry into Spain . For nationalities that require an entry visa into Spain , you'll not be allowed into the country unless you have a valid visa from your home country.


<div align="center"> <p> I Like Tentravel</p> </div>

Copyright (c) 2013 Ten Travel SA. All rights reserved. Design by XPRESS Comunicación